Some of my biggest supporters recently started a fundraising page for me via YouCaring.com. To kick it off, we are using my Frog List: Things to do before I croak!
My number one priority and immediate need is to move my mom closer to me. It’s critical on many levels.
Because it’s a very broad task, the goal of this post is to outline what needs to happen to make it a reality.
Part A: Sell our existing farm property.
This 15+ acre farmette is located in Tyler County, West Virginia, just two hours south of Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Ideally, we sell this ASAP and avoid all the stress of carrying two mortgages until it sells.
- This could be purchased by a traditional buyer.
- But thinking “outside of the box,” it could also be purchased by a broker who would be willing to carry it until it sells. Can you help to connect me with someone in this industry?
Part B: Find a new property.
In order to make this move happen, we must make sacrifices. This means paring down our farm and keeping only the animals we can’t bear to part with. The property we buy needs a minimum of:
- A modest house. We can drywall, floor, and paint, but it must be structurally sound with good plumbing and electrical.
- 3+ clear acres.
- Within a 2 hour drive of the Philadelphia International Airport. (I live close, and it’s a good landmark.)
- Zoning allows horses.
Part C: Buying, Building, and Moving.
- If we find a property that does not have existing accommodations for animals, we will buy the property and build a simple pole building and put up fencing. Our budget for this scenario is around $100,000 +/-.
- If we find a property already setup for horses, our budget is around $120,000 +/-.
- This budget makes finding a property within two hours of Philadelphia very, very difficult.
So how can money help?
- Real Estate Investors: Buying and reselling the property in West Virginia would allow some additional money towards buying a new property AND alleviate a world full of stress that will come along with carrying two mortgages. We are flexible on the asking price!
- Philadelphia-Area Animal Lovers: Do you want a place to have your horses, etc. as well as a good property investment? Buy a small farm with caretaker’s quarters. We would pay modest rent and take care of your animals and the property.
- Angel Investors / Donors: Amassing an extra $20,000, $50,000, etc. makes it much easier to find a property that meets our needs and get my mom closer ASAP. Or, purchase a Philadelphia-area property which will only increase in value. We don’t require any ownership in a property, and the full asset can be yours.
- Every Dollar Helps! Spread the Word! Even smaller donations of $5 or $10 will add up if you can help me spread the word! Visit the fundraiser page and share via Facebook, Twitter, and more!
Thank you for your love and support. No amount of money could ever buy that, and I realize I am very fortunate to have it.